This project contains the source code for an implementation of controls that are related to browsing files within an existing application. Go to:
to see the controls in full action (see Explorer tool window) or check details and screenshots in the
This project contains:
- A path combobox control that lets you:
- enter a path (with copy and paste) or
- pick drives from a drop down list of currently recognized drives.
- A folder browser control to browse folder in your file system
- A folder, file listview control to list items within a given folder
- A folder bookmark drop down list control to bookmark and quick access recently visited folders
- A forward and backward history control for navigated back and forth between recently visited folders
- A set of folder short-cut buttons to navigate directly to a folder.
- Universal Control (UNC) network share paths are not supported
- Support for drives with exchangeable media (CD-ROM, USB Drive) is limited. Everything should work as expected but exchanging the media will not lead to updating displayed folder and file entries.